Candle Care

American Hut Candle Care

We really want you to get the best fragrance and hours out of your candles so please read below to ensure you get the most out of your purchase


Using Your Candle

The first time you burn your candle, it's very important to keep it lit until the whole surface is liquid wax, and ideally for 2-3 hours. The wax we use has a 'memory', this means that each time you light your candle after the first burn the wax will remember how it burn and won't ‘tunnel’ i.e leave wax around the edges/burn unevenly.
We recommend that after the first burn you should try to keep your candle lit for a minimum of 1.5 to 2 hours and never more than 4 hours.
Light your candle in a well ventilated area, but where draughts and wind won’t disturb the flame. This will keep your flame nice and stable, allowing it to burn correctly and minimise any smoking.

Keep your wick trimmed to 5mm and if it 'mushrooms' nip the top off. This helps control the size of the flame so as not to burn too fast.
Extinguishing your candle
To be safe, we recommend you use a snuffer to extinguish your candle -- blowing it out can cause some of the wick to drop into the wax and slightly damage the wick.


Please Don't Forget 


Not forgetting...

Please do not leave your candles unattended, and placed away from drafts, children and pets. Candles should always be placed on a heat-resistant base and set on a level stable surface.

If soot forms on the inside of the jar, extinguish candle, wait for it to cool, then wipe with a damp cloth. Trim wick and relight.